DUXFORD AIRSHOW VISITORS – Welcome
Note new radio identifiers: The UK has switched over to 8.33kHz spacing, you must be 8.33 equipped to fly in the UK. For example, Duxford is now on channel ID 122.080 and Fowlmere is on 135.705 (from 29th Dec18). Check before you fly!
2018 Flying Legends weekend: 14th and 15th July, breakfast on these dates and BBQ on Saturday 14th at 7 pm.
FOWLMERE, providing airshow support for over 21 Years !
- Please notify Customs by completing GAR on line: www.aopa.co.uk
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Fax: +44 1763 208 861)
- GAR should be sent at least 4 hours prior to arrival at EGMA
- NO NOTIFICATION for departure from EGMA to any EU airport is required.
- There is no requirement to close flight plan in UK.
- Please book IN and book OUT at Reception.
- Landing fee is £20, which includes camping and overnight parking.
- Breakfast available for some events at £10 per head.
- Saturday evening BBQ is laid on for some events at £15 which includes soft drinks.
- Toilets are at the far end of the hangar and in toilet block outside the east end of hangar.
- For some events we may arrange for a minibus shuttle service into the Duxford event. Please check with us!
- Avgas (limited supplies) available between 07.00 – 10.30 hrs. local Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Please make request on arrival.
- You are welcome to ‘camp’ at Fowlmere – limited facilities available.
- Fowlmere will be ‘closed’ during TRA.
- If you need assistance, send SMS to :
Waked : +44 7768 354231 or Christine: +44 7973 166 643
- Telephone contacts:
Fowlmere 01763 208281
Duxford ATC 01223 833376
Cambridge ATC 01223 373213
NATS AFPEX Helpdesk 08456010483 or 01489612792
Emergency Services: Dial 999 on land line (in portacabin)
Please note: Fowlmere Aerodrome does not have NATS AFPEX and CANNOT FILE FLIGHT PLANS, this must be done at Duxford Tower.
Finally, please ensure your route to/from EGMA remains outside controlled airspace; Stansted and Luton airspace is nearby. London TMA base of 2400 QNH is just south of EGMA. Please use Farnborough Radar (frequency 132.80) and ask for either ‘BASIC SERVICE’ or ‘TRAFFIC SERVICE’. Southend now has Class ‘D’ CTA so you MUST call Southend Approach for transit.
The Chequers in Fowlmere is open and provides good food.